JKA/WF America Registration Process
JKA/WF America membership Passport
All JKA/WF America members that are brown belt or black belt are required to have a JKA passport. This passport lists the individual’s certifications in each area and is accepted as proof of such when the services are required in an official capacity during any JKA/WF Event. The JKA/WF passport is mandatory for all brown and black belts and must be shown at each JKA/WF event. All other JKA/WF America members are required to have either a passport or a membership card. Passports and membership cards can be acquired through your regional office.
JKA/WF America passport must renew every year and each JKA/WF America members who hold the passport must receive the year's renewal sticker from your regional office. (Each year the renewal sticker color will change.)
Regions Already Established With JKA/WF America
- Each Dojo will request application forms from their regional representative.
- Regional representatives will send out application forms.
- Each Dojo will send to their regional representative: (Do not send to JKA/WF America main office)
- Dojo Application Form
- Individual Application Form for each Instructor
- List of all students with name, date of birth, gender, rank and join date.
- All appropriate individual & dojo fees
- Each region will send above information to the JKA/WF America main office along with appropriate fees.
- Each dojo must keep record of applications for their students.
Regions Not Yet Established With JKA/WF America
- Dojo owners or potential regions send an email to JKA/WF main office giving a brief history about themselves and requesting application forms.
- JKA/WF America main office emails Dojo Application Forms and Individual Application to dojo (or potential region).
- Dojo (or potential region) returns Dojo Application Form for each dojo, as well as Individual Application for each instructor. Please also include copies of Dan certificates and any qualifications.
- JKA/WF America main office confers with the Board of Directors then notifies dojo (or potential region) whether or not they have been accepted.
- If accepted, Dojo (or region) mails dojo fee for each dojo and individual fee for each individual to JKA/WF America main office. For each dojo payment a complete list of students must be attached including name, date of birth, gender, rank, and join date for each student. A cancellation fee may apply for any cancellation once payment is received. Also include all remaining individual applications and copies of dan or kyu certificates.
- Each dojo must keep a record of applications for their students.